Swedish fashion site Dear Velvet took some amazing shots of Albin, one of our long-time milkies. Be sure to check out the rest of the shoot over at their blog!
Freedom is a precious thing but some people have a rather peculiar idea of what exactly freedom is. For them freedom means they should be free to decide who they can discriminate against, who they can bully, whose freedom they can take away.
Recently several US states introduced so called “religious freedom” bills that were supposedly meant to make sure that the citizens of those states can practise their religions freely. This becomes a problem though when someone’s religion says that being Lesbian, Gay, Bi or Transgender is wrong, a sin even. In that case these bills enable religious people and businesses to discriminate against queer people so we end up with less, not more, freedom.
Maybe even worse are cynical business owners who take this opportunity to make a quick buck with their hate for queer folks. Like the owners of Memories Pizza in Indiana who received a mind-boggling $800,000 in donations for their public statement that they would not cater pizzas for a gay wedding–as if any of us would have a taste bad enough to consider pizzas as an option for a wedding anyway. All thanks to a donation rally on the website GoFundMe. On the same website fundraisers for cancer patients and the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing received a lot less money.
In other states refusing to serve customers based on their sexual orientation is still not legal but that doesn’t keep some business owners from turning their hate into cash. A florist in Washington who didn’t want to have anything to do with the queers was fined $1,000 but is now $100,000 richer after asking for donations.
“The good news is, there is no government program named The Dick Pic Program,” said Edward Snowden. “The bad news is they are still collecting everybody’s information, including your dick pics.”
It’s a pretty long but important (and entertaining) video, so if you have some time to spare, please check it out. It’s pretty important stuff.
This is Sebastian. A statue inspired by Greco-Roman depictions of the youth Antinous, the myth of Narcissus, and the selfie. It’s made out of bronze and created using 3D printing technology. The version above was done by Casey Spooner with 23 carat gold leaf and semen. The whole thing is baded on a real life model as you can see in the video below:
- Banning same-sex marriage is not discrimination because
straight couples can’t marry partner of same sex either!?
- Study: homophobia still rife among teen boys in Australia
- Next US state introduces bill allowing LGBT discrimination
- US presidential candidate Bush hires anti-gay adviser
- US presidential candidate Paul doesn’t believe in gay rights
- Facebook tracks everyone, even people without accounts
- America’s “war on terror” cost at least 1.3 million lives
- UK sends arms worth $7.5bn to human rights blacklist countries
- US soldier admits killing unarmed civilians for sport
- Teens hit with child porn charges for video of consensual sex
- School ruins 11-year-old’s life after finding leaf in his backpack