Ireland has set a month for a referendum on marriage equality. Groups both for and against same-sex marriage will rally as they prepare for the public vote in early May 2015. No specific date has been announced as of yet. The issue was discussed today by Ministers at their final meeting before Christmas. Recent surveys suggest that more than two thirds of the country’s population support marriage equality. The Guardian has more on the topic.
Since we’re rebuilding milkboys from scratch we’d like to get your feedback on some questions regarding the design and content of both the blog & the board.
I wanted to give the blog a completely new and fresh design but the one I had in mind turned out to be a bit iffy and doesn’t work well with the newest version of the blog software. That’s why I quickly put together this temporary rainbow design. Quite a few people seem to actually like this though.
This one is pretty straightforward: How do you feel about naked dudes on the blog? This was always a bit of controversy because some folks felt embarrassed when other people saw them scrolling past a dick while others argued that stuff like that is to be expected and that the blog should just be viewed in private. A middle ground would be to blur these kinda saucy pictures until you actually click on them, giving up a bit of comfort & looks.
On the old board everything was hidden until you’d sign up for an account. On one hand this guarantees a certain degree of privacy but on the other it might keep a considerable amount of people from checking out the board and keeping information from people who might not be able or dare to register for one reason or another.
Mr Ronan Parke <3
Russia’s recently introduced laws against ‘gay propaganda’ sparked controversy all over the world. When Irish singer Hoizer chimed in with his own protest song the people listened. A lot. His song Take me to Church was streamed over 87 million times on Spotify, making it the platform’s most successful single of 2014. The song, which was nominated for Song of the Year at the Grammys, did very well as a video too, it was viewed more than 40 million times on YouTube.
Hozier said: ‘The song was always about humanity at its most natural, and how that is undermined ceaselessly by religious [organizations] and those who would have us believe they act in its interests. What has been seen growing in Russia is no less than nightmarish, I proposed bringing these themes into the story and [director Brendan Canty] liked the idea.’
- Latvian Foreign Minister announces via Twitter that he is gay
- Tabloid outs French far-right politician Florian Philippot as gay
- Bill in US state would allow doctors to refuse treating gays patients
- Are you born that way? New study make a step towards the answer
- Many straights in favour of gay rights… until they have to see them
- NSA plans to secretly introduce flaws into communication systems
- Long list of sex acts, incl. fisting, spanking now banned in UK porn
- US ISPs throttle encryption making web less neutral & everyone less safe
- Study shows that hard work getting you out of poverty is a myth
- Single adults banned from park in UK – in case they are a paedophile
- Page 1 of 2